Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Best Teacher in the World!

I finally did it! I earned the public title of "The Best Teacher in the World", well sort of. Today at school we had an assembly with "The Candy Man". One of my students was the lucky student to catch the money football. The Candy Man every year pays whoever catches the ball money in exchange for the ball back. Alvertis was the lucky student this year. His face was priceless as he ran up to the front of the gym. When he got up there the Candy Man asked him his name and he proudly said "Alvertis". Then the Candy Man asked him who is teacher was...he again proudly said "Mrs. Vandiver, the BEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD!" It made my heart melt. He is one of those students that is a sweetheart, but only says stuff he means so that made it even sweeter. Alvertis probably will never have a clue how much I appreciated that. The best part is later on that afternoon in a meeting the principal introduced me to a parent as "Mrs. Vandiver...the best teacher in the world" she told the story to the parent. Anyways Alvertis was paid $12.00 for the football. I believe he has a future as an entrepreneur. Those little moments are the whole reason that TEACHING has my heart. Thank you Alvertis...your kind words are worth a million dollars in my heart.



No comments: