Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Leaving one group of babies to be with another

Time is very quickly approaching to arrival of Ethan! Clint, Aydan, Nemo, Eva and I are anxiously awaiting his arrival. It is definitely exciting...and scary at the same time. This Friday, will be my last day with my students and co-workers until my return in January. I truly am going to miss seeing their faces on a daily basis. They have been so sweet and understanding with the pregnancy, and are always checking up on me. Luckily a girl that observed in my room last year, (Mrs. Lauren Mays) will be taking my maternity leave. She has come in several times and has learned the routines and procedures so I am certain that the transition will be smooth for everyone.

I know that the title sounds weird that I am leaving one group of babies to be with another. What I mean by that is during the course of a school year I have several "babies"/children (22 to be exact this year). I spend more time with my students throughout the year than I do with my own children. I take great pride in the fine citizens that they will grow up to be and can only hope that I will be one person that makes a difference in some of their lives. I know that teachers and students both say how excited they are about different breaks and things but the truth is by the time we return we really do miss each other.

I know for a fact that I am going to miss seeing them, laughing with them, and enjoying their company. But in the same breath how awesome is it that I get the opportunity to stay home for a few weeks and spend time with my 2 sons and family. So this blog post is dedicated to my students "I love you guys! I know that you are going to be AWESOME! I cannot wait to see you again soon. Most importantly don't forget to keep your hamsters in good shape while I am gone!"

Keep checking for updates over the next few days and weeks. I will try to do the best I can. I know that things are going to be crazy around here but I will try to keep everyone updated! Keep our family in your thoughts!

2 comments:

Leanne Helums said...

Awww, I will be missing you too!!! I am very excited for you and hope that you enjoy your time with your own two babies!

Kate Smith said...

Good Luck! Keep us updated - I know everyone is excited!