Sunday, November 1, 2009

Been A Long Time! But I am trying to come back...

Hey everyone I realize that it has been a REALLY LONG time since I last posted anything. Things at the Vandiver household have been HECTIC to say the least. Over the summer Clint and I decided to put our house on the market. So we spent weeks painting, packing, touching up, replacing carpet, putting in tile, etc. To prepare our house to sell. Finally in August we signed a contract to sell our house and purchase another house in Madison City. Well all was fine and dandy until about 2 weeks before closing when the couple that put a contract on our house got cold feet and terminated the contract. By this time Clint and I had packed up pretty much everything and placed it in a POD so that we could move fairly quickly. Also by this time we had both started back to work. Therefore, our personal time became very limited again. To make a long story short we got everything for the most part unpacked and put away again about a week ago. Since we are going to be staying here for a while Clint and I decided that we needed to redecorate our house to make it feel a little more "grown up" and more like our new home. So we bought new living room furniture, painted the walls, redecorated our bedroom... needless to say enough to keep us busy for a good long time.

In addition to all this excitement with the house we have been working on getting everything prepared for our newest addition Ethan Rhodes Vandiver. Due to arrive on November 29th if all goes as planned. We purchased new furniture for Ethan and moved it into Aydan's old room. Aydan now has a new "big boy" room with airplanes and Handy Manny painted on the walls. He really loves his new bedroom and I know that Ethan is going to enjoy his new bedroom just as much.

Clint has sold his old 2 door truck to purchase a newer one that is more accommodating to a family of 4. It has 4 doors and is so much bigger. I believe he LOVES his new truck, even though I know he hated to see the other go.

In addition to craziness this summer my brother Danny was deployed to Afghanistan to serve our country. I am very proud of him too I might add. Crazy to think that the little boy I used to play G.I. Joes and My Little Ponies with is now one of my heroes and role models. His 2 sons Hunter and Gavin and his wife Summer moved down here and are currently staying with my parents. It is nice having them around because we never have had an opportunity to hang out much with them. But it is almost bitter sweet because of the situation.

At any rate that is at least the some of the issues that have been going on with the Vandiver household over the last few months. With Ethan arriving shortly I hope to be blogging a little bit more than I have been over the last few months. But we will see how much actually gets done based on time. Please forgive me and I will try to be better.

Julie :)

2 comments:

Kate Smith said...

Yay!!!!!! Thanks for the updates and keep us posted!

Bridgette said...

Glad to see you blogging again!!!