Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Boys will be Boys

Summer vacation has been awesome so far. When I was working I realized that I was missing out on my boys life, but I did not realize how much fun I was missing out on. I have enjoyed every minute of being a "stay at home mom" this summer. I don't even mind waking up at 6:15 every morning to get my baby boys out of bed. Aydan and Ethan are so much fun. When Aydan was growing up Clint and I treated him like a fragile, porcelain doll. With Ethan we are a little more laid back, and in return he has been more laid back. There is 19 months between the 2 of them, but if you ask Aydan or Ethan they are the same age when it comes to play time. Any other time and Aydan thinks that he is Ethan's daddy. Here is a few pictures that I have captured this week of them playing together. :)

Wrestle Mania in the Vandiver living room? That is correct, this is a daily event. Ethan cracks up the entire time and Aydan cracks up at Ethan. It is priceless.

School buildings are so overrated. Who needs a building during pro ration? Aydan and Ethan say that playing school in a laundry basket is the way to go. Aydan truly believes that he is reading the book to Ethan. Ethan sits there and listens, I sit and listen too. I am not as good at listening as Ethan apparently because I only pick up on words like "dog", "yuck", "dirty", "mama", "sorry", etc. Ethan understands every bit of it.


2 comments:

The Barnett Family said...

Nice to meet you Julie! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I will do the same. It is a small world....knowing so many people. Do you work with Charlotte and Leanne? You have a precious family.

The Barnett Family said...

Just read your profile....you do work with them. I am in the process of trying to find a teaching job. I have an interview today. :)