Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day Cake

For those of you don't know me fairly well, I do not have an ounce of Betty Crocker in me. When it comes to the kitchen I am the type of girl that burns herself getting out chicken nuggets, burns mac and cheese to the bottom of a pan, the list goes on and on :) But for Memorial Day we were going to Aunt Carolyn's for a cookout, so I decided I would give cooking a try again. I wanted to do something festive so I decided to make a flag cake. It was easy, I did not burn it, and it actually came out cute. I am proud of it. Who knows maybe I will be willing to try and cook some more. :) I do not have them pictured but Clint made an AWESOME Buffalo Wing Dip, and I also made Death by Chocolate. We had a blast, THANKS Aunt Carolyn for having everyone even though you were sore.






2 comments:

Leanne Helums said...

Looks yummy. YOu can be in charge of the next desserts for lunch. :)

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Julie, I'm very impressed! Your cake looks great!